To apply, students must be in 8th-11th grades and apply before winter break of their 11th grade year in order to be matched with a mentor. While applications are accepted year-round, intake periods happen in Fall, Spring, and Summer. Intake events can be found under News and Events.
- 1-year commitment
- 5-8 hours of communication with mentors each month
- Weekly phone communication with mentors
- Recommended monthly in-person outings with mentors
- Communicate with staff monthly
- Participate in our PowerUp! Enrichment Programming, open to grades 6-12. See below for further details.
Apply to be a Protégé: To be matched with a mentor, youth must complete the following intake steps.
- Complete Online Application
- Family Information Session
- Group Interview
Families will be notified if they’ve been accepted to receive a mentor after the group interview. Youth who are not yet ready to be accepted to receive a mentor will be invited to participate in PowerUp! to demonstrate readiness skills to be matched in the future. Youth and families accepted as protégés must complete the following steps:
- Enrollment Packet
- Family Orientation
- Individual Interview
- Protégé Training