- 2018: awarded a 3-year $408,000 21st Century Learning Center grant from the Office State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
- 2018: awarded a pro bono consulting project from Compass to help create a funding strategy to facilitate program expansion and organizational sustainability.
- 2017: won a re-compete 3-year AmeriCorps grant, increasing Kid Powers AmeriCorps Members to six.
- 2014: awarded an AmeriCorps State grant to hire five full-time service members, which was renewed for an additional two years.
Major Grant Milestones
- Named “One of the Best Small Charities in The Greater Washington Area” in 2019-2020, 2018-2019, and 2015-2016 Catalogue for Philanthropy.
- In 2017, Celebrated 15th Anniversary with civil rights icon, Congressman John Lewis (D-GA).
- In 2016-2018, selected to attend the Afterschool Alliance “Afterschool for All” event at the U.S. Capitol with Members of the U.S. Congress.
- In 2016, received the Edgewood/Brookland Family Support Collaborative “Richard Greene Caring for Children Award”.
- In 2016, Kid Power students led a presentation about the VeggieTime Program at the White House State of STEM Conference.
- Named 2015 Community Cornerstone by DC Councilmember Anita Bond.