Join Our Team!
“Serving as an AmeriCorps with Kid Power was an incredibly empowering, challenging, and rewarding experience. I can’t imagine learning more in a year than I did during my time at Kid Power. I made lifelong connections with my fellow AmeriCorps and Kid Power colleagues, and will never forget the students I worked with in the classroom. I grew professionally and as a person, and am profoundly grateful for the experience!” -Zoe Zakin, AmeriCorps Site Director (2016-2017)
Our committed team of individuals with a diverse range of backgrounds and skills are bound together with a shared common goal – to educate, uplift, and empower the underserved youth of Washington, DC. At Kid Power, we are seeking dynamic, highly motivated team-players who align with our core values but also who are dedicated to our youth in helping them develop and bring lasting change to their lives and communities.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- AmeriCorps Program Coordinator
- AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator
- Development and Communication Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Summer Camp Teacher
- Summer Camp Coordinator – Operations
- Summer Camp Coordinator – Administration
- In School Literacy Tutor
– Available for tutoring sessions 3x per week during school hours (5-8 hours per week)
– Commitment: January to June 2023